Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Barrett James!


This little man is so special to me. His momma, Desiree, and I have been friends for a very long time. She used to live across the street from SS back in high school in New Mexico and she is the reason I’m married to my prince. Desiree and I were trying to get pregnant and as luck would have it, we ended up being pregnant at the same time. It was great. We emailed about everything daily. About things you only talk about to certain people. About things you would never tell anyone else. Including SS. Although I wasn’t allowed to be there on his birthday (Des lives in Dallas and I was 35 weeks pg) I feel very responsible for this child and his first birthday was something I WAS NOT going to miss. As everyone was singing Happy Birthday, I sat and cried happy tears. So much has happened in one year. Truly amazing how a baby changes things. I love you, B!!

No comments: