saturday was a BIG day for MO. my parents were here, we went to our sweet friend william's 2nd birthday party and when we got home, MO had a VERY BIG surprise of her own!!! since we didn't want to have two cribs on our house and really, we felt it was time, we moved our sweet "BIG" girl to her very own twin size bed!!! this bed is over 200 years old and was actually MY bed as a toddler. it holds super-great memories for all of us and, as you can see from the pics, our BIG girl is pretty excited!!!
here we are walking into her BIG girl room!

the bed was set up for dimension-purposes in the other room so she was a tad confused at first.

well, that didn't take long!!!

she loves it!!!

she kept saying 'my big girl bed'!!!

of course, we want to take her paci away but this is NOT the time!

sweet BIG girl.

awww, so comfy already!


already doing what she does best in bed! reading!!!

you parents know how bitter sweet this is for us. our baby girl isn't a baby anymore. it makes me so incredibly sad but so darn happy for our family at the same time. she is a lot bigger than we think and her transition has sure showed it!
i will tell you that her first night in her bed was about 75%. it took her a bit to go to sleep but it usually does. at 1:30 am, i heard a thud. i ran into her room as fast as i could, and i found a sweet girl standing in the middle of her room crying. me running in there scared the living-bajeezus of of her - probably more than her actual falling out bed - we both screamed! it wasn't pretty. she went right back to sleep though. at 3:45 am, another thud. i ran in there faster this time, in hopes to skip past the screaming/scared part. she was on her hands and knees. it was painful to see her like that. i told her how sorry i was and she fell right back to sleep. at 8:00 am, i heard little feet. she was standing in our doorway. god love this girl!
we talked about staying in bed until mommy or daddy gets up, and we've rehearsed that again. i'll let you know how monday morning went!!
6 comments:
MO your big girl bed is so beautiful!! Addi loved coming to your house to see it! After we left she kept saying, "MO Bed!" and then screaming! I can't believe you are a old enough to be out of your crib! so bittersweet!!
Wow! MO you are such a big girl! Liz, I was the same way when we had to put Haddee in a big girl bed. They are growing up way too fast!
Awwww that is sweet. She looks so big in that big bed. Don't you just HATE when they fall out?!?!
Go MO! Such a big girl! I will probably be in tears when Lucy moves to a big girl bed. Looks like she loved it and it is a gorgeous bed!
That bed is goooorgeous!! I don't remember it when we were little though. Mo looks so little in such a big bed. I'm glad she likes it!
How very exciting for Mo! I can't wait to get Alexandra her big girl bed, but I have to admit it makes me very nervous:
(1) Because she's no longer my "baby"
(2) Because I don't know if she'll easily fall asleep in it.
(3) Because of her possibly falling out, and
(4) I kind of like keeping her contained in the crib, she can't wander around!
I'm really curious, how are things going with it? Were the 2nd and 3rd nights okay?
Post a Comment