we get there to find people standing outside this tin shack.
not good signs. we walked past the hoardes of people waiting for a table to find two things: a ONE hour wait and NO air conditioning. sure, there were four fans whipping around with one swamp cooler doing its best, but it was DANG HOT folks! a frosty beer would have made the wait better but i'm hugely preggo and i'm sure the other patrons would have frowned... i tried to hang but we ended sitting in the car listening to x-rated comedy on XM radio.was it worth the wait? hell-to-the-yes it was worth it!! SS and i got to spend some good times together laughing in the car and the catfish was DARN good. it was spicy and crispy and the tarter sauce was to die for! i honestly thought about getting the all-you-can-eat but i refrained...
it's not a place to take your family for dinner but we will go again. either before 5pm or after 8pm. on a week day. in december.

5 comments:
You kill me Liz. This was hilarious! Glad you gotcha some good 'ol catfish. I'm sure Emma was thanking you!
i am so there with you. on a weekday. in december. can't wait to try it:)
oh YUM. and really, if you can't pull off an all you can eat buffet while 8 months pregnant...when can you? :-)
Yes - notice the time on this. it is 1:20am. I am sleepy, Elise is not.
Also - those little tags you sent me are so.stinking.cute. I love them!! Thanks so much Liz, you are too sweet.
You're so funny! Good for you for hanging in there! I'm glad it was delish! I LOVE catfish!
Post a Comment