Dear Olivia,
The day you arrived, the day I became a Mommy, was the very best day of my life. I knew everything would change for the better, but I had no clue how truly wonderful life would become. You amaze me each and every single day with something new. You love to sing and you love to dance. Even when neither makes sense to anyone but you. You have the most amazing spirit, sweet child. You are funny, and pretty witty for a two-year old! The things you say lately are so grown up and I have to wonder how you got so big, so fast.
Your baby sister, Emma, will be here tomorrow and although I’ve tried to tell you how much I love you, there is no possible way you understand. Explaining the concept of love to a two-year old is not easy. When I ask you how much I love you, you say “more sky” but sweetheart you really have no clue how big that sky is. I promise to always love you more than the sky and I will spend the rest of my life trying to show you.
I am so excited for this next chapter in our lives and I can’t wait to see you with your sister. I know at first, this change will be hard to understand but we’ll get it all worked out. Together. I just want you to know that no one, and I mean no one, in this world can take away the love I have for you. You are an incredible child and I am so lucky to have you as my daughter. Thank you for being mine.
More than the Sky,
Mommy
6 days ago

7 comments:
Awww that is the sweetest post. I have tears :)
Hope everything went well today, cannot wait to see Miss Emma!
Oh.Liz...you totally made me cry! Life as you know it is about to change. Two sweet baby girls, let me tell you it is the BEST! I can't explain to you the love that I feel for both of my girls and you to, will feel the same for yours. Praying for you and your family!
no comment. not now.
Awwwww, that is the sweetest thing ever. And by now you already know how much you love both those cute girlies with all your heart. I'll be thinking of cute little Olivia during this time of change for her!
How sweet...this brought tears to my eyes! by now, Miss Emma is here! I hope all went well yesterday with her delivery! Thinking of you guys as you all adjust to being a family of four! I can't wait to see pics of your new little angel!
Now I need a tissue, too! What a sweet family you have, and by now, there are four of you. Congrats again!
Ahhhh Liz. Totally teary, such a sweet letter and Olivia will love looking back on this one day. You're such a wonderful Momma!
Post a Comment